Pulman Group Privacy Statement
Pulman Group, Pulman Volkswagen, Pulman SEAT, Pulman SKODA, Pulman Used Cars and Pulman Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles are all trading divisions of Mike Pulman Holdings Ltd, we are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
This statement describes:
- What types of information we collect from you
- How it is used by us
- How we share it with others
- How you can manage the information we hold
- How you can contact us
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your data with anyone else who might. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. For example, Volkswagen UK, Autoglym.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you and your vehicle when you engage with our website, applications or authorised repairer network. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
We collect information about you or your vehicle when you use a Pulman website, visit a Pulman showroom and / or call our aftersales contact centres or switchboard. We also may obtain information about you or your vehicle from our Manufacturer partners, finance providers, credit reference agencies and other third partners. Some of this information does not identify you personally, but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our service and make them more useful to you). The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Name (including title)
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Vehicle information (including registration number, VIN, service reminders, mileage and warranty repair information)
- The date and time you used our services
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visit us for
- Your IP address
- The internet browser and devices you are using
- The website address from which you accessed our website
- Details of any transaction between yourself and Mike Pulman Holdings Ltd
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), fleet size and company details
- The website address from which you accessed our website
- Voice recordings of calls you make with Mike Pulman Holidays Ltd
- Live chat records
- Any information within correspondence you send us
- PayPal transactional ID’s and amount created for reservations
How do we use this information?
Mike Pulman Holdings Ltd will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communication from us (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time). We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
- Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you.
- Contact you reference your specific Pulman account preferences, notifying of any watched cars or new cars which match your preference and any other account feature that you have opted in for.
- If consented, to share your personal information with Manufacturer partners, so that they can contact you with marketing information about their products and services.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the details here or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered with us (or one of our selected partners).
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
- To respond to correspondence, you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us (for example: test drives, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific vehicles).
- To provide vehicle support and services (for example warranty services).
Processing necessary for us to respond to understanding customers’ and drivers’ needs
- To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our website and aftersales contact centre are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally).
- To undertake customer surveys so that we can better understand your customer experience with Mike Pulman Holdings Ltd. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned in the paragraph above.
- In some cases, we may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us to deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you. By tailoring and making relevant all our service and communication. For example, when your mileage suggests your vehicle is due a service.
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
- To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services (and in ways the law allows), which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time.
- To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained business contact details from an online or public business directory. In relation to any such information we send by email or SMS, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing.
- To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us.
- To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes.
Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiency and effectively
- To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer.
- For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access.
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request).
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements (for example to register your car with the DVLA).
Sometimes we will need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall notice and we need to tell you about it.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer or the registered driver of a leased or other vehicle purchased from us), we hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims. Our relationship may end for a number of reasons including where the vehicle warranty or lease expires, or we have been made aware that you no longer own or drive that vehicle.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, test drive, brochure, quotations or any other information requested on any other of our products or services. We will hold your information for 1 year from the date we collect that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you e.g. you purchase or lease a vehicle. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner.
- Where you have raised a compliant or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that compliant or query.
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law.
How can I manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request.
You have a right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Correct and update your information.
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with you right to object.
- Erase your information, provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use process that information
- Transfer your information in a structured data file, where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
- Post: Pulman Group, Abbey Road, Framwellgate Moor, Durham, DH1 5HA
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 0800 0720 228
If you have any specific data protection concerns or a compliant, you can address it to our Data Protection Team.
This policy was last modified on 09/05/2018