The MOT tests some important items on your vehicle to check that they meet the legal standards. It is an annual test of vehicle safety, roadworthiness aspects and exhaust emissions required in the UK for most vehicles over 3 years old. An MOT is not the same as having your vehicle serviced and doesn't check the general mechanical condition.
Defects found during the MOT are categorised as either
The category that the MOT tester gives each item will depend on the type of problem and how serious it is. MOT testers will still give advice about items you need to monitor. These are known as 'advisories'
What does the test cover?
- Lighting and signalling equipment
- Steering (including suspension)
- Tyres and wheels
- Seat belts
- Body, structure and general items
- Drivers view of the road
Want to know more? Click here!
What the test doesn't cover?
Is your car due its MOT? You can book your test with Pulman by clicking here. At Pulman we want you to feel confident about the quality of service you'll receive - every time you visit us. That's why we devised the Pulman Servicing Promise:
- Free courtesy car on request^
- Free lifts, collection and delivery of your car
- Free car wash and vacuum with every service
- Free visual check
- Free WiFi connection
- We'll price match any like-for-like quotes within 5 miles*
- Fully trained technicians
- Friendly professional staff
- Complimentary refreshments and snacks
- On-site cafe+
*Please provide a written quotation. ^Courtesy cars to be booked in advance to ensure availability. +Cafe Dafte located at our Volkswagen Durham and SKODA sites