Apr 22, 2009
What does the new Scrappage scheme mean for you?
- You save £2000 when you trade in a car over 10-years old.
- Pulman will dispose of your old car in an environmentally friendly way.
- An improvement in road safety, with new cars including many new safety features as standard.
- Lower road tax costs with new cars having lower CO2 emissions.
- Reduce your fuel costs. New cars are more efficient and have a much higher MPG (miles per gallon) than older vehicles.
- Peace of mind thanks to a full warranty on all new cars.
- A fantastic service from Pulman throughout the ownership of your new Volkswagen.
So how does the scheme work?
Older vehicles are seen as inefficient and costly to keep running. New vehicles benefit from advanced technology which makes them easier to service and run, and also much more friendly to the environment. New vehicles can also help with your fuel costs as they have a much more reliable and higher figure of MPG. The scheme will start in May 2009 and will run until March 2010 or earlier if the government deem this so. To qualify for the scheme:
- Car owners must have owned their car for at least 1 year
- Proof of ownership is required.
- The car must have been taxed by the owner over 12 months ago.
- Pulman must ensure cars are collected for recycling within 24 hours.
- Vehicles must be scrapped in an environmentally friendly manner.
Durham: 0191 383 7525
Sunderland: 0191 548 0235