It’s important to service your air conditioning system to ensure it performs to its best ability over your car’s lifetime! Below we answer the most common questions asked from our customers…
Why should I have an air con service?
There are a number of benefits as to why you should service your air conditioning system in your car! We’ve listed the most important factors below:
- It maintains the mechanical integrity of the air con system
- It keeps you fresh, alert and safer whilst driving
- A service can rectify any faults in your air con system before they turn serious
- If you suffer from allergies, the air conditioning filters pollutants and airborne particles keeping the air in your car clean
- In the summer months it keeps you cool and there is no need for your windows to be open (less distractions from the noises outside)
- It help to demist your car during the winter months.
What would happen if I didn’t get it serviced?
In a nutshell, if you didn’t get it serviced you would shorten the life of the air con system; each year the system can lose up to 10% of its gas! Think of it like a yearly car service, if you didn’t service your car to replace the oil and filters, in time your car would slowly lose value and may lead to it not being roadworthy.
In time, unless the system is replaced, it will be less able to keep you cool and refreshed making it less efficient and it will lead to increased fuel consumption. It will come to a point where it eventually fails to work and replacement parts will be needed which could come at a cost!
What happens during an air con service?
At Pulman, we drain and recharge the air conditioning system. This is completed by checking the filters, hoses, belt and connections and we also check that the compressor and condenser are working correctly. Our skilled technicians will also replenish the liquids used by the system.
How often would you recommend?
Many drivers won’t have their air conditioning system on throughout the full year, mainly just during the warmer months and to demist windows in the winter, so we would recommend to service your air conditioning system every 2 years.