What is Motability?
Motability helps disabled people to obtain a car simply by using their government-funded mobility allowances. For over 35 years, over 3 million customers have been able to exchange their allowance for a a brand new car every three years or wheelchair accessible vehicle every five years along with a worry-free mobility package, including:
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs
- Replacement tyres
- Full breakdown assistance
- Road fund licence sent directly to your home
- 60,000 miles allowance over three years
- Insurance and personal accident cover for named drivers and passengers
- Windscreen repair and replacement cover
You can also nominate up to two named drivers for free, and a third for a small charge. Additionally, for those in need of them, many adaptations are available at no extra cost.
The scheme is directed and overseen by Motability, which is a national charity that raises funds and awareness and provides financial assistance to customers who would be unable to afford the necessary equipment to keep them mobile. You can find out more about who is eligible to join the scheme.