Salary: £30k Per Annum
Location: Pulman Volkswagen Sunderland
Are you a Web Developer looking for a new opportunity? Have you considered the benefits of working in a fast-paced in-house team over an agency?
Working in an in-house team means you will be involved in the entire process of web development from start to finish. You will have the creative freedom to be innovative, learn new technologies and try new things. With dedicated one to one training and development there are progression opportunities for the right person.
Be part of the electric car revolution and start your new journey with Pulman.
At Pulman we pride ourselves on delivering a fantastic customer experience every time. We are a top Volkswagen Group retailer representing Volkswagen, SEAT, SEAT MÓ, CUPRA, ŠKODA, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles and VWFS Rent-a-Car, with sites in Durham, Sunderland & Cramlington. With over 230 people across our group, we are truly one big Pulman family. We want to match and exceed customer’s expectations whilst giving them a truly enjoyable experience you will not find anywhere else.
Pulman Group are looking for an enthusiastic Web Developer with at least 2 years’ experience to be an integral part within our in-house Marketing team, reporting to the Lead Web Developer. With a fantastic roadmap of development and innovative projects, you won’t be short of a challenge.
The ideal candidate must have an excellent understanding of object orientated PHP within MVC frameworks, MySQL, and Vue (or similar). You should be able to maintain and improve efficient workflows and practices. You’ll also have a passion for writing robust, efficient and well documented code, following a task through to completion. Strong problem-solving skills with a flair for the creative as well to help develop a modern engaging user journey experience.
Training and support will be offered in areas that need further development for the role. This is an amazing opportunity to expand your knowledge, work for a fast growing business and develop an existing career in development.
- Up to 2 years proven work experience in a development role
- Experience with Laravel (or other modern MVC-based framework)
- Exposure to utility-first CSS frameworks such as TailwindCSS
- Advanced experience with MySQL and database design
- Practical experience consuming XML / JSON based web services
- Ability to independently setup & manage local development environment (Valet/Docker/Homestead)
- Enthusiasm to learn new frameworks and technologies quickly and independently
- Inter-personal skills with a flexible approach and an ability to adapt to circumstances
- Proven commitment to improving efficiency, performance and outcomes
- Passionate about technology, willingness to learn and try new things showing initiative
- An excellent and competitive salary of £30,000 per annum
- Opportunity for hybrid working and bonus opportunity after successful completion of probation period
- We offer a fantastic formal and on the job learning environment to help you build capabilities to excel in this role, as well as your ongoing professional development
- 22 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- MacBook Pro or Windows Laptop depending on preference
- Company pension scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Opportunity for Hybrid Working after successful probation period
- Fantastic working environment
- Work with fantastic Volkswagen Group brands
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm Working Hours
Based at: Pulman Volkswagen Sunderland