At Pulman we pride ourselves on delivering a fantastic customer experience every time. We are a top Volkswagen Group retailer representing Volkswagen, SEAT, CUPRA, ŠKODA, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles and VWFS Rent-a-Car, with sites in Durham, Sunderland & Cramlington. With over 230 people across our group, we are truly one big Pulman family. We want to match and exceed customer’s expectations whilst giving them a truly enjoyable experience you will not find anywhere else.
Pulman Group are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Web Developer to be an integral part within our in-house Marketing team, reporting to the Lead Web Developer. With a fantastic roadmap of development and innovative projects, you won’t be short of a challenge.
The ideal candidate must have an excellent understanding of object orientated PHP within MVC frameworks, MySQL, and Vue (or similar). Maintain and improve efficient workflows and practices. You’ll also have a passion for writing robust, efficient and well documented code, following a task through to completion. Strong problem-solving skills with a flair for the creative as well.
This is an amazing opportunity to expand your knowledge, work for a fast growing business and develop an existing career in development.
The job role will include:
- Backend development
- Frontend development
- QA testing of delivered work
- Build and maintain API integrations
- Website portfolio maintenance
- Marketing web related tasks
- Innovate new features and capabilities
- Experience with Laravel (or other modern MVC-based framework)
- Advanced experience with MySQL and database design
- Experience with utility-first CSS frameworks such as Tailwindcss
- Practical experience consuming XML / JSON based web services
- Ability to independently setup & manage local development environment (Valet/Docker/Homestead etc)
- Enthusiasm to learn new frameworks and technologies quickly and independently
- Inter-personal skills with a flexible approach and an ability to adapt to circumstances
- Proven commitment to improving efficiency, performance and outcomes
- Passionate about technology, willingness to learn and try new things showing initiative
- An excellent and competitive salary of £30,000 with £2,000 bonus opportunity per annum
- We offer a fantastic formal and on the job learning environment to help you build capabilities to excel in this role, as well as your ongoing professional development
- 22 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Company pension scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Fantastic working environment
- Work with fantastic Volkswagen Group brands
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm Working Hours
Based at: Pulman Volkswagen Sunderland
COVID-19: Temporary working from home
How to apply
Fill out the form and add your current CV / Portfolio and a cover letter. Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you’re the perfect fit for our team!
We regret that, due to volume for roles at Pulman, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don’t hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.