Car Rental Manager
Sales DepartmentThis job is no longer available.
- Pulman Group - Across All Locations
- Updated Date: Thu, Jan 30, 2020 2:07 PM
Rent-A-Car is an innovative rental programme available for Volkswagen and SKODA cars. Pulman Group are proud to be a part of this fantastic new venture and are excited to be recruiting our very first Car Rental Manager to join the Pulman family. A role that has huge potential for growth and for the right person the freedom to drive and develop the role within Pulman.
At Pulman we pride ourselves on delivering a fantastic customer experience every time. We are a top Volkswagen Group retailer representing Volkswagen, SEAT and ŠKODA, with sites in Durham and Sunderland. With over 250 people across our group, we are truly one big Pulman family. We want to match and exceed customer’s expectations whilst giving them a truly enjoyable experience you will not find anywhere else.
The Group Rental Manager's primary responsibility will be to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of the Rent-A-Car department. You will be responsible for the growth and profitability of the department through the development of sales to both retail and local corporate customers, whilst ensuring you deliver a fantastic customer experience.
- Dealing with the general public and corporate clients on the phone and in person
- Processing payments and ID checks correctly, including pre-authorisation/card details/ credit checks etc.
- Monitor daily desktop reports, vehicle availability, utilisation, excess mileage etc.
- Resolving problems and delivering outstanding customer service
- To increase the number of local corporate accounts within the designated area
- Identify new potential sales areas
- Production of business plans and strategies and any other planning associated with the development of the Rental Departments
- Vehicle status management/weekly audit of vehicles
- Administration of maintenance on all vehicles
- Action local marketing/advertising strategy
- Budget and P&L management
- Previous experience in a rental role is essential
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, internal departments and stakeholders
- Must hold a clean UK driving licence
- Have a strong customer service ethic with great people skills
- Be positive and have a sales focused attitude
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
If you have a capacity for hard work and a desire to see your ideas and determination translate into success, then we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter. No calls accepted from recruitment agencies.
Why join the Pulman family
At Pulman we put people at the heart of our business, encouraging everyone to grow, learn and engage. Our family values are mirrored throughout the whole business, everyone is part of the Pulman family which is why we attract and retain loyal employees.
- Fantastic basic salary with on target earnings of up to £35,000 per annum
- Company Car
- Pension scheme
- Employee benefits scheme
- Family business
- 22 days holiday