At Pulman we pride ourselves on delivering a fantastic customer experience every time. We are a top Volkswagen Group retailer representing Volkswagen, SEAT, CUPRA, ŠKODA, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles and VWFS Rent-a-Car, with sites in Durham, Sunderland & Cramlington. With over 230 people across our group, we are truly one big Pulman family. We want to match and exceed customer’s expectations whilst giving them a truly enjoyable experience you will not find anywhere else.
Pulman Group are looking for an enthusiastic Junior Web Developer to be an integral part within our in-house Marketing team, reporting to the Lead Web Developer. With a fantastic roadmap of development and innovative projects, you won’t be short of a challenge.
The role would ideally suit a recent graduate, or someone recently qualified with a real appetite to learn, improve and evolve as part of our business journey. Preferably you will have some experience of object orientated PHP and must feel comfortable working autonomously and as a member of a small team. You’ll also have a passion for writing robust, efficient and well documented code, following a task through to completion. Strong problem-solving skills with a flair for the creative as well.
We can work with you to build out your skillset, try to help fill any gaps with training and development and give you all the necessary support you need. This is an amazing opportunity to expand your knowledge, work for a fast growing business and progress a career in development.
The Job will include:
- Maintaining and developing our existing codebase
- Innovating with new technologies, programming languages and infrastructure
- Building and maintaining API integrations
- QA Testing of delivered work
- Work alongside Lead Web Developer
- Marketing web related tasks
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented PHP
- Knowledge of MySQL (Relational Databases)
- Basic understanding of JSON, XML and APIs
- Passionate about technology, willingness to learn and try new things showing initiative
- Inter-personal skills with a flexible approach and an ability to adapt to circumstances
- Extremely thorough, detail-oriented, organised, with the ability to be effective with your time
As this is a junior position, mentoring, training, and guidance will be given. However, an understanding or some experience of the following would be beneficial:
· Experience with Laravel (or other modern MVC-based framework)
- Knowledge of frameworks such as VueJS or React
- Experience with utility-first CSS frameworks such as Tailwindcss
- Understanding of SQL and the ability to write simple queries
- Experience of source code management e.g GIT
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be self-motivated, with the confidence to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment. Evidence of self-learning, including personal projects would be highly valued, along with passion and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies.
- An excellent and competitive salary of £20,000 - £25,000 OTE depending on experience, includes £1,000 bonus opportunity per annum.
- We offer a fantastic formal and on the job learning environment to help you build capabilities to excel in this role, as well as your ongoing professional development
- 22 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Company pension scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Fantastic working environment
- Work with fantastic Volkswagen Group brands
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm Working Hours
Based at: Pulman Volkswagen Sunderland
COVID-19: Temporary working from home
How to apply
Fill out the form and add your current CV / Portfolio and a cover letter. Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you’re the perfect fit for our team!
We regret that, due to volume for roles at Pulman, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don’t hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.